Thursday, April 29, 2010
I've been a mom now for two whole weeks. This is what I've learned...
1. Those cutsie, narrow shaped spit-up rags are useless. Cloth diapers prove much more effective.
2. Nursing every 1-3 hours day and night is the most physically exhausting task I have ever taken on.
3. Baby poop is stringy and very strange-looking, but it doesn't really smell.
4. This kid's startling reflex is nearly every 5 minutes...I just want him to know he's not going anywhere.
5. The only time I have to get anything done (for myself or the apartment) is when he is sleeping. So far he's pretty good about that.
6. GAS. SO MUCH GAS.
7. It is a good thing he has so many little outfits, because on average he pees on 5 of them every day.
8. Little boys like to aim and shoot when their diaper is being changed. Sometimes its funny, but not at 3 am.
9. I wanna give a hallelujah when he burps.
10. No matter how tired I am after a long night, I can't help but love this boy for every little thing :)