Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy Day



It has been one rad weekend. Reason number one: Jonathan had Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off. So Friday night went to the Nature Pond to feed the duckies...

I love ducks, but geese are obnoxious. Luckily we had only ducks come eat our bread this time :)

As you can see, my hair is short. That's because I cut it all off, and I actually really like it. It's SO much easier/quicker to take care of, plus I had to get the "mommy look" right? :) Actually, I mostly cut it because Talmage was starting to grip and tug...



Then on Saturday we woke up early to help clean the church. I haven't done that since I lived in Louisiana and would go with my family, so it was nice to serve in that way. Then, thanks to our friend Shae who was willing to babysit, we went to the temple and did some work for family members on my mom's side (dating back to the 1700s!). It was a beautiful experience and I felt the love that Heavenly Father has for his children waiting for their work to be done. That night, for a pre-Father's Day dinner, we went to Outback. Can I just say that I LOVE BBQ chicken and that I could never be a vegetarian.


Reason number two: our first *real* Father's Day! Jonathan was surprised with a collage of "daddy & son moments", a couple of Snickers bars (his fave), and his favorite no-bake cookies. The frame says "Oh, little one" because that's his number one phrase when he talks to Talmage. I think its pretty cute when he says it.

Taking a nice Sunday nap. He really loves sleeping on daddy's chest.


I am so grateful for my husband and for his sweet temperament with our little boy. It is the perfect time to celebrate his fatherhood, as he has well deserved it for all the help he's given me. It's not easy taking care of a baby, and I could not do it without him. Yay for fathers everywhere :)

Our baby boy is growing up! He is getting really good at holding up his head. Jonathan tries to do little exercises to help him...I guess its working!


And Talmage is learning that its okay to sleep in his crib. During the day he takes all his naps in his room. I'm still not brave enough to put him in there at night...but hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.


Jonathan also got a fun father's day present from Talmage. He shook his rattle for the first time! And better yet we have it on video :D

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love your hair Lindsey!! It is soooo cute! And Talmage is so cute and he is getting so big!

Judi Judkins said...

I agree. Cute hair cut. You are a good thoughtful wife to put that gift together for Jonathan, too. Talmage is growing more and more everyday. MIss you all. :)

Layla said...

I like your hair. I wish I could pull off a short hair cut.