Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm so excited & I just can't hide it!

It has been a while since my last post, so I will try to cram all the latest into this one. I apologize if it is long and boring! :)

Our little boy has learned to crawl! What's really funny, though, is when he gets on his toes and hands and puts his bum in the air. Exhibit A.


and the view from behind.


He is such a joy :) We also recently got him this awesome jumperoo which he goes nutso in. He is particularly fascinated with the spinning blue doo-hicky on the side.


As far as other advancements with little Talmage, he now says DA DA (a lot) and YA YA. He eats lots of big people food (mushed up of course) and sleeps fairly well at night- usually waking up once. He is teething and we expect that first tooth to come in any day now!

And now my most exciting news! After months of anticipation, we finally got our SUPER stroller! Phil & Ted, you guys rock.

I decided to go with the all black because it goes with everything, and it just looks chic. We have taken it all over town and it is like walking in a dream. I just cannot tell you how many features on this pram that I am in love with! and Talmage loves it too, of course :)



If you've made it this far down in the post, I congratulate you. And as a reward you can see these cute pumpkin decorations that I made! They are super quick to create with just a few simple materials, including toilet paper!




Thanks Brighton for the idea!
If you are interested in these toilet paper pumpkins, the tutorial is here.

I am really excited for this week, and here is why.
1. Tomorrow we will be taking family pictures! Yay!
2. My good friend/neighbor is getting induced tomorrow! That means another little baby for me to squeeze and hold. double yay :D
3. This weekend Jonathan and I are going on a DATE. I know, those are hard to come by. But we've got a babysitter! We're going to the temple and then to our ward's "Harvest Ball" which sounds like fun. It's always hard being away from my son but I think this date is really needed.
4. I get to take my stroller around town some more! wahoo!

Oh, and if you'd like to make the yummiest chocolate chip cookies you've ever had, try these. I made them last night and they were to die for. I think that the shortening is what makes them super soft and good.
Happy baking, crafting, and loving this season!

4 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Do you love your stoller? I want one! Tell me pros/cons to it please :-)

Judi Judkins said...

Love the pictures of Talmage. The bum in the air is hilarious!! It looks like he is trying to stand up, too.
I like your fall decorations, too. You've become very crafty. Enjoy your walks about down and your super date this weekend.

Josh and Sarah Robison said...

ohhh even i drooled a bit over the stroller. i love the picture of talmage all smiley in it! he gets more adorable all the time, cute little bum.
thanks for the link to make the pumpkins! i don't have any fall decorations and definitely want to change that : ) loves and misses
and p.s. i will call you soon! i talked to josh a little more about the trip and he's warming up to the idea, especially the idea of fishing with jonathan : )

Kelly and Tyler said...

I love reading your blog. I love the pumpkin idea with your little boy!!! I made those pumpkin things too, SO easy!