Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miriam Ricks 1910-2010

My great grandmother passed away this week. She lived a long and fulfilling life of 100 years. I believe she was the oldest living person in Rexburg before she passed. Here is a picture of her with Talmage when he was 6 weeks old. These two share the same birthday, April 14th.


Miriam's husband, Aaron, was a descendant of Thomas E. Ricks, founder of Ricks college- now BYU-Idaho. If I could describe her in three words I would say she was spunky, charming, and most of all humble. She recognized that all her blessings came from her beloved Heavenly Father. She was also so full of life. In her seventies, she actually made it all the way to the top of Table Rock near the Tetons, which everyone here knows is not an easy feat. She loved flowers and birds and she would tell me all about them every chance she got. She was recently featured in the Rexburg magazine, where there is pictured her being sung to by David Archuletta. My fondest memory is of her barn out in Sugar City. It is so picturesque and she really loved it there. Wild flowers everywhere and kittens crawling over under every haystack. Miriam's memory will always live on, with me and with many members of her family who loved her very much. We miss you, grandma, but we will see you again someday. Lots of loves from us all.

No comments: