Sunday, October 13, 2013

Halloween is approaching!

It took me a little while to get into the Halloween spirit this year, and I'm not sure why. Usually I LOVE this holiday and I have decorations up before October 1st, but for whatever reason I just "wasn't feeling it" until a third of the month in.

Probably because we've had certain stresses about things and have not been getting a lot sleep (thank you teething and thank you potty training), and it didn't seem high up on my list of priorities. But yesterday I decided to take break from feeling sorry for myself and put up some decorations. And you know, it really lifted my mood. Especially when the kids woke up from their nap and saw all of it for the first time- Talmage got super excited over all things Halloween, which made me excited too!


You see that sparkly orange pumpkin? Charlotte wasted no time in sinking her teeth into it. Good thing it was like a dollar...



The witch cameo is my favorite. I found the frame at Goodwill and knew it would be perfect for something. And I'm really liking gold stuff right now...


Talmage helped me pick out what shapes to put in the frames. He really wanted a ghost, a spider, and bats! Love that kid.

All the prints were free online. I especially love the chalkboard ones. And I just realized a temple recommend in this picture...haha. just ignore that (we recently got them renewed...I can't wait to go! It's been way too long.) Oh, and a tv and wii remote. wow. I guess I should improve my picture staging skills ;)


 Gold candlesticks from thrift store. Love them!





The witch broomstick is a fun touch, I think. Talmage tried to sweep our kitchen with it...haha.





And this is the spider that lives outside our window. We call him Mr. Spider. And we spend way too much time watching his every move...even watching him when he sleeps. So I guess we're just as creepy as he is. ha!



It officially feels like October now.

:)

1 comment:

Ashley Wright said...

Seriously, I LOVE LOVE your decor! Come decorate my apartment please! I have a hard time really decorating for any holiday really... So I envy that about you! Your house always has the best decorations! It looks great!