Saturday, November 27, 2010

Many Thanks

I just spent the last hour reading all my friends posts, those friends who are listed on the right side of this blog. How I love them all and how thankful I am for their own grateful attitudes. It was good to read about their Thanksgiving holidays. Now it's my turn!

This Thanksgiving has been real good. I spent it with the in-laws, and I'm thankful that I actually really like them. They are wonderful to me and treat me as family. I will never forget the first time I came to Jonathan's parents house, when I was just his friend. His dad gave a blessing over the food and in it he said, "Please bless Lindsey that she will feel comfortable in our home. We are so glad to have her here." I was flabbergasted. And in the 2 years that Jonathan and I have been married they have given us so much love and support. I am thankful for my in-laws, whom I call Mom and Dad.

As for my own parents, they are amazing. I love them both so much and am proud of who they have become as individuals, and of the great feats they have accomplished. Mommy and Daddy, I love you.

I am grateful for the relationship I have with my husband. This past week there has been some drama that I won't go into detail about...but it has made me realize just how good Jonathan is to me. I can trust that we will be together forever because we have a mutual understanding that love will conquer all. We don't let our share of trails or disagreements get in the way of our respect for one another. I love him so much- words cannot describe it. He is my better half.

I could go on and on, but mostly this year my focus is on the people in my life. And to all my friends that let me ramble/vent/talk to them, I am grateful for you. It gets awfully lonely some days and you all are the ones that make them better.

I will post more later about the delicious desserts I baked, because they are worth a post of their own :)

No comments: