Friday, November 12, 2010

Things I love about my son


*Picking him up out of his crib when he's woken up from a nap. He's all warm and soft and a little drowsy still.
*Starting his bath as he sits on my lap. He gets excited and hugs me a few times.
*Smelling his hair after his bath. It dries right away and is so fluffy.
*Watching his eyes get wide as he plays with a toy. Especially ones that light up or make noise.
*Cupping his little face & cheeks in my hands and smooching him.
*The fat rolls on his chubby legs.
*His conversation with himself in his car seat.
*The pieces of hair that stick up on top of his head.
*His laughing as I sing the diaper song (which I made up and will never sing to anyone else).
*His "ya-ya-ya"ing as he cries.
*How determined he is to stand up every time he's on the floor.
and so much more :)

As Jonathan is away, I can't help but realize that I'm not so lonely because I have Talmage. He makes me laugh and the days are so much brighter with him around. I am truly blessed to have this boy for a son. I can't wait to share with him all the joys of this life as he grows.

1 comment:

Emily said...

He is such a cute boy!!!