Friday, June 17, 2011

feeling like a fatty

For some reason these days I just feel fat. Or maybe bloated. Either way, it has motivated me to start eating healthier and getting on an exercise routine. I've decided to implement these goals: (its not much, but it's a start!)

1. No matter what I WILL eat breakfast!
This is probably my least favorite meal because I always feel so gross and groggy in the morning. I've realized that this could be caused by my poor diet so hopefully it will change! I want to feel energized and ready for the day, not eager to lay down on the couch while my son watches cartoons...

2.I will exercise for at least 20 minutes every day.
Okay, let's be honest...I hate exercising. And when I do the whole "workout" thing I usually end up sore and miserable and unmotivated to do it anymore. But I've found one that I like by Denise Austin that is just moderate enough for me. Afterwards I actually feel GOOD! Its a miracle!

3. Ride my bike.
I just got a new bike, so I'm more determined than ever to ride. We also have a bike trailer that pulls Talmage as we ride so I really have no excuse!

4. Cut down on sugar.
I have been eating a lot of sweets these days for reasons that I'd rather not go into, and its taking a toll on my energy. I plan to seriously cut back on the sugar highs and substitute it with foods like fruit and yogurt.

That's it for now so we will see if it makes a difference! My main goal here is not really vanity but a desire to be healthy and fit so that I can play with my son and raise him the right way. I want to have the energy to keep up with his 90 mph playing speeds, and look forward to getting up each morning to his cheery face. I love that boy so much- there are no words to describe!

2 comments:

Kelly and Tyler said...

check out the 17 day diet. its great

Unknown said...

I am so with you. It's been 8 months since I have had Jaden and I have been working out but not eating right so am now being SERIOUS and getting down to my goal weight so I'm right there with you!!!