Thursday, October 25, 2012

geek & chic

warning: LOTS AND LOTS of pictures this time. loads.

I love Halloween. Not so much the gory and scary stuff, but the sheer fun of everything else! I love thinking up costumes and executing them, passing out candy to all the little kids, and decorating my house with pumpkins & other decorations.

This year, call it laziness, but I did NOT feel like making costumes. But I was okay with making accessories. So...I found stuff we already had and elaborated on it. At first Talmage was gonna be a robot (because he's OBSESSED with them), but looking at pictures at little boys in robot costumes was overhwleming. Not only did they look extremely uncomfortable in those dryer hose arms and big boxes, but some even had electronics attached to their front. I thought, "whoa. maybe another costume choice...?" After all T is too young to even care...

The easiest choice was to dress him up as nerd geek (nerd is slightly derogatory, right?). All I had to make were the glasses. Woo! talk about cheap. and I like cheap.

I also made some little book covers...the idea was too cute to resist. He was such a sport- went right along with my little pretend geek story!




























I love how cheesy he can be! Such a little ham. hmmm now I want ham & cheese...

Charlotte's costume literally came together like two days ago. I already had a tutu that my sister-in-law made for her. We used it for her newborn pictures and amazingly it STILL fits! So I thought, "Ok. tutu. She could be a fairy...or a princess..or a ballerina!" I liked the ballerina idea because it wasn't as common as the other two (thought plenty common still I'm sure). To take it one step further, and make her even cuter, I came up with...

SHABBY CHIC BALLERINA! so exciting I know ;)

All I had to buy: some tiny ballet shoes, material for flowers, pink ribbon & elastic, and ruffly fabric for top. So easy.

As we walked out the door to the park, I grabbed some turquoise pearls that I thought might look cute. So glad I did! They went along with the outfit perfectly! And she loved to chew on them, which was the best part of course.

The little pearls on her wrist are from a strand of dress pearls I had a little girl :)















































She was happy when we were done taking pictures. Although it was a beautiful fall day, it was still nippy!


Happy almost Halloween everybody!

2 comments:

Layla said...

Cute costumes! When Brock saw the pictures of T. with the books he died laughing. Such a cute little actor!

Josh and Sarah Robison said...

Talmage was totally acting out everything perfectly! How adorable are they both...I love your ideas!