Monday, October 31, 2011

our CRAZY weekend

This last weekend was VERY eventful, to say the least.

On Thursday after J was done with class we headed to Utah. We slept at my grandparent's house in Sandy (they were out of town but their home is always welcome to us!). We got into town just around dinner, and met up my best friend Sarah and her hubby for dinner. I am now really bummed that I didn't get a picture with her! Why do I always forget to take pictures of important things besides my child? grrrr....anyway we had a lovely time with them! I always love seeing my Sarah Lou :)

The next day Jonathan attended an internship fair specific for students majoring in Therapeutic Recreation. This was the whole reason for our visit to Utah. We are hoping to find out SOON where J will be interning so that we can arrange our living situation. I am so ready to get out of Rexburg!

While he was gone Sarah came over and we got to visit some more- which was soooo wonderful! We sat on the bed and talked, just like the old days :) I was sad to see her go but hopefully we can see a lot more of each other if we do end up in Utah.

That night the g-parents came home and we went out for sushi. I decided I would eat everything I wanted even if I wasn't supposed to, and it was VERY delicious. I could sushi every day for every meal.

EARLY the next morning we headed out to Twin Falls for Jonathan's brother's sealing. It was a long drive and we were all grumpy. It was good however to meet up with all of J's family for a bit. Talmage got to see his cousin Ethan- they are so funny together!

Right after the sealing and some pictures, we bolted back home to Rexburg for the ward Halloween party (I needed to be there because the RS presidency put it on). Talmge threw up all over himself multiple times as we were loading him into the carseat, so that was in one word a disaster. We think he was just carsick and tired, plus he had fried foods for lunch (not by my choice). The boys both slept in the car while I drove, in the meantime Talmage pooped a good one so the car had a plethora of lovely smells. I was nauseous and had to pee, but couldn't stop on account of waking them up. So on I drove until we were home. We had about 5 minutes to get changed for the party. Of course, we all dressed up as pirates :)

I was in charge of the fishing booth for the kids, and though not a lot of little ones knew what to do with the fishing poles it was still fun to see them pull the fish off :)

Talmage was exhausted from all the traveling, so he didn't really want to be there :(

However, we made the best out of it and had a smashing good time! (that may be a teensy bit over-exaggerated)

That night, after unpacking and showering and putting T to bed, all I wanted to do was sleep. I'm glad that we accomplished all that we set out to do but at the same time it was a little stressful. For once I was glad that our church started so late, because I wanted to take my time the next day.

In the spirit of Halloween, Talmage wore a bright orange bow tie to church :)

It's so good to be home! Even if it is in cold, windy Rexburg...

1 comment:

Photographs n Memories said...

adorable post. love love the last picture of you and t-man. love love it.