Tuesday, December 13, 2011

second time around


Today I am 30 weeks, and after the holiday rush is over we are gonna be so close to meeting our daughter! She is getting big..I can feel it! I am feeling more like a preggo now...almost anything makes me out of breath and if I sit in one place for too long my body gets really stiff. Still no heartburn (woo!) and no pushing on my ribs yet- maybe she'll stay this low for the rest of the pregnancy..(fingers crossed)

I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day, and she was telling me how raising her daughter has been completely different then her son. What worked for baby boy doesn't work for baby girl, and its made her change her whole view of parenting. It gave me a bit of a reality check. Every child is an individual and should be treated as such, so even though this is our second child its like being a new mom all over again. I hardly remember the "baby stuff" anyway...nursing, bottles, first foods, sitting up and rolling...I don't know when they take place or how anymore. Those things seems SO far away from having a toddler and I will need to learn them all again. I do remember the difficult parts- getting little to no sleep, recovering from giving birth mixed with the nostalgia of having a child insides of you that is no longer there, the aches of breastfeeding that never went away, feeling "less than" because I didn't know what the heck to do in certain situations, etc...there were a lot of little bumps on the road to being a new parent and I bet they will come back. That being said, I know that I am fully capable of being a mother for the second time to this new baby. It won't be easy, but it will be wonderful to hold that baby girl and know that she is mine forever. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything :]

And Talmage, whether aware of it or not, will soon be a big brother. I hope he's going to like sharing his home, toys, and parents!
here he is sitting in a gigantic box..he really loved it. I didn't complain :]

In other matters, our little household is pretty busy this week. Jonathan is wrapping up his last days of school with finals, so I hardly see him at all. But when he is home is completely devoted to spending time with Talmage & I :] On Thursday his family and my grandparents will be coming for his graduation on Friday. Then on Saturday we head back to Parma for Christmas! It's going to be a whirlwind of craziness!

When we return home after Christmas break Jonathan will be working at a place called Journeys. It's a place where children, teens, and adult with mental disabilities go to learn basic life/social skills. I am excited for him because I know just how rewarding that job can be, and I sort of miss the days when I did it in Idaho Falls. The job for him is temporary until we hightail it outta Rexburg next Spring :) I am just thankful that Jonathan gets jobs so easily and that he gives 100% with each one. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be able to enjoy being at home with Talmage every day, and that is a huge blessing.

No comments: