Sunday, July 15, 2012

happy-ness

the simplest things make me happy.

Here a few things that made me happy this weekend.

1. Elastic. the stuff is amazing! I've started using it to make headbands for Charlotte and have since fallen in love (by the way, for any other mommas that use it for the same purpose, buy the kind for lingerie. it's softer AND prettier).

This weekend I used it to make ties for our little man. He always wears bow ties and I thought it was time to switch things up. I used this tutorial and they came out so so cute.

 The robot one is my favorite :]

I posed Talmage in front of church this morning to show off his tie. Notice the short hair. Yes I cut it. Yes it is shorter than what I intended. But... I still think he looks pretty darn stud-ly.


Also, Jonathan had the idea to make some elastic sheet grippers for our bed. It took me 5 minutes to put together and now our sheet doesn't move everywhere when we are in bed. See, elastic really is so great!!

2. Being self sufficient.

I finally made it to a Relief Society activity this last week and it forever changed my life. It was all about frugal living. One thing they taught us was how to make some common household items. One day I will make them all but for now I just tried the baby wipes and Febreze. I was especially excited about the wipes because they cost us a fortune.

The wipes are sooo soft and they smell like baby oil. I will never buy wipes again. (Can I get a hallelujah?)

The Febreze goes on fabric and the carpet before vacumming, loosening up the dirt and getting rid of fleas and mites. We've actually had fleas in this apartment so I will be using this spray all the time. Plus it smells so much better than the kind I have from the store.


3. This fabric-

and what I did with it.

A brand new comforter for Talmage's bed! Yay! I can't wait to make the matching pillowcase :) I'm thinking dark blue with a felt alligator appliqued to the front.

4. Target's dollar section. I found this awesome box!

I use it to store all of C's bows and headbands. Which, by the way, also make me happy and I can't seem to stop making them. They say girls can't have too many bows but um...I don't know...it's getting close to too many.


5. And lastly, Charlotte's smile. It's getting wider every day and now she cracks up at us, too. I love it. I love HER. She is an awesome baby.



1 comment:

A.S.K. said...

So cute! I'm going to have to check out that blog. I would love to make stuff like that for KJ but I am so not crafty. I might give it a try, though.

And Charlotte's smile is beautiful! She's gotten big!!