Thursday, October 22, 2015

Mermaid Charlotte

Over the summer, Charlotte fell in love with all things mermaid. So I knew that making her a mermaid costume for Halloween would just tickle her pink!

She kept telling me "No, I want to be Ariel." I love Ariel, too, but I snagged some sparkly sequin and fish scale fabric from Joanns over the summer and I wanted to use it! She remained unconvinced...UNTIL she put it on. She couldn't stop smiling, giggling, and twirling her hair :)


This costume was somewhat tricky. I had no idea how I would do the tail...so I just started cutting, stuffing, and sewing and this is what I came up with. It's basically an elastic-waist skirt that is shorter in the back (I wanted to be sure she could walk!). The tail hangs down in the front, and underneath she has fish scale pants. Her top was less complicated, I just sewed the sequin fabric to one of her tank tops, and then some fabric flower trim at the neckline. Her floral crown truly took about 3 minutes- it was so easy! Just measured her head with some thick floral wire, then wrapped the flowers and hot glued them in place. I really love blues, purples, and pinks together.

Anyways, back to my cute mermaid!
Here she is sitting alongside "the ocean", dreaming of what it must be like to have feet ;) (Ignore the very obvious feet sticking out from her tail, HAHA...)


Every proper mermaid brushes her hair with a dinglehopper!




Grammaw gave her a shell necklace a little while ago, and we used it to make a sweet little shell bracelet! The perfect mermaid accessory :)








^^^ my favorite. ^^^


Here she is singing "Ahh-ahh-ahh..." hehe...




"Look, those birds in the water!" I know what you're thinking...there are no swans in the ocean. This may be true, but I didn't tell her that ;)

 Can you tell just a little bit that she loves her costume? haha. Love my sweet fishy-tailed girl. 


No comments: