Tuesday, April 29, 2014

november baby!!!


 Well the word is out :) We're so very excited for a new baby to come into our family this November! (My offficial due date in Nov. 4th). I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this is going down in 6 months...

This pregnancy has felt like a combination of my other two. I'm not spending all my time hurled over the toilet like I was with Talmage, nor am I going about my days completely nausea-free like I was with Charlotte. I'm nauseous/sick on and off (more ON than off). Around weeks 7-8, I got the flu and dropped 10 lbs. just from not feeling well enough to eat. And I still haven't gained those 10 lbs. back yet. I always trick myself into thinking I'm really hungry and want to eat something, but a few bites in I just can't handle it anymore. It's pretty much ridiculous. Welcome, welcome- second trimester!


We went in to hear the heartbeat today..I didn't feel comfortable announcing it publicly until we did. At the clinic I go to, they don't do 9 week ultrasounds so we haven't seen or heard anything yet. The nurse pressed on my tummy for 20 minutes or so and couldn't find one, switched dopplers, and still nothing. My anxiety/fear started to rise (it's been pretty off the charts high to begin with). Then another nurse came in, pressed harder -ouch!- and we could very faintly hear it. But there it was! I burst into tears and it was slightly embarrassing...but I was just so happy to finally hear it.

I have no idea what to expect as a mom of three, but I know in my heart that this baby will fit perfectly into our family :) Talmage is convinced he'll have a little brother- we shall see! If it is a boy and he's born on his due date- their birthdays will be 4/14/10 and 11/4/14. How cool is that? :)

Either way we will be delighted! I can't wait to see Charlotte be a big sister and have a real life baby to swaddle, kiss, and hold. She's already so obsessed with babies!

We can't hardly wait!



1 comment:

Ashley Wright said...

I am SOO happy for you guys! How exciting! I totally feel for you about the nausea. I haven't thrown up constantly either, but I have had the same thing, where I convince myself to eat and can't eat more than a few bites... I actually haven't gained anything yet because of it. But at 20 weeks I am finally starting to get my appetite back.. Hopefully you start to feel better soon! Yay for babies!