Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July!

I love this holiday. It has always been one of my favorites. I just love getting together with family and friends and eating good food, the fireworks, and everything else!

This year we kept ourselves pretty busy! We started the day with the 4th of July Parade here in town on Main Street. I was really impressed with it- there were actually horse-drawn carriages and dancers and bands and all kinds of other things. We were smack in the middle of Main with awesome seats so it was really neat to watch!



Talmage was content sitting in his stroller until the fire trucks and marching band came by, then he wanted to jump up and down!




For me, the best part of the parade was watching all the little kids run out into the street and try to catch candy being thrown from the floats. Kids are too funny...

Then we came home, put T down for a nap (he was EXHAUSTED) and I made deviled eggs to bring to the lunch bbq at our friends apt, the Bradleys. :) A whole lot of people came and the food was superb. It was nice just sitting out in the warm sun and soaking up the day!


This is the most expensive thing Talmage has ever worn- daddy's sunglasses! haha... He really loves them :)

When we got home from that I made macaroni salad and flag cake for our last event of the day- dinner and fireworks with our friends the Tataipus. They moved a few weeks ago and we've really missed them :(

Here's my flag cake! I thought it turned out pretty good!

It was great to see our friends, including some families from our ward, and Talmage especially loved playing with his buddy Kai again :)


At the end of the day we were very tired, but pleased with all the fun things we could do as a family :) I am very grateful that Jonathan had the day off (he was scheduled to work but his boss gave him the day off). I love this country and the freedoms that come with it, and I really love my husband and sweet baby boy. We are truly blessed!!

No comments: