Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vintage Inspired

I am by no means a trendy person. Most of the clothes in my closet are from high school, and the majority of them consists of plain colored tops and jeans. I've never paid more than $20 for a pair of shoes, and when it comes to jewelery...let's just say that being a mom has changed my wearing of dangly earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. In fact the only thing that I am really able to accessorize with are hair clips and broaches.

A few weeks ago I felt vintage inspired. I am not a vintage dresser or decorator, but I adore all things old-fashioned. Tulle and lace are so dang cheap (cheaper than normal fabric) and so are buttons, especially if those buttons come from the bargain bin at the craft store. I filled a tiny baggie of awesome buttons for 99 cents. Worth the effort? oh yes.

With all the supplies in place, it took me about half an hour to create these vintage insprired broaches (you can wear them in your hair also).

I love love LOVE anything with lace. This pretty pink stuff was dirt cheap and looks great with a something silver.

This is bridal veil lace, and it costs a pretty penny more but I only bought 1/8 yard and it was $3. I still have plenty left over, too.

These broaches are made from sheer tulle. It is kind of metallic looking, and looks very pretty with multiple layers.


I'm not sure what this tulle is called, but I think it looks like fish-net. Usually this stuff looks awesome when coupled with some silk petals, but I'm still debating whether or not I like it just by itself.

So there you have it. What inspires you?

No comments: